How to Grow A Business With No (Or Almost No) Budget

Yup - that's the challenge!
Three small businesses - each of which has grown organically through word of mouth, referrals and networking.
Now they're ready to take it to the next level, and we're going to see how far we can achieve that using social media and online marketing.
Follow this blog to find out what we learn!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Self-Education as a Marketing Tool

One of the greatest challenges for me, as a solopreneur, is staying on top of trends and constantly trying to improve my knowledge and skills.

Even if you work in a large company, learning still has to be a conscious decision, but many of us operate alone from a single-person office; and we all know how insular that can become if we don't get outside once in a while!

Obviously education can go way beyond 'no-budget', but there are a huge number of free webinars and tele-seminars out there, and of course the public library is immensely helpful.

I actually learned about the social media marketing course I'm taking from a free webinar. It ended up costing me money when I decided to register for the program, but I'm sure it will be worth it in terms of long-term investment.

The reason I'm really mentioning this now is because I just signed up for two days of free online seminars through International Freelancers Day.

There are talks from lots of incredibly successful business people, and I'm really excited about how much great information should be available.

I hope that's helpful - let's all keep learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment