How to Grow A Business With No (Or Almost No) Budget

Yup - that's the challenge!
Three small businesses - each of which has grown organically through word of mouth, referrals and networking.
Now they're ready to take it to the next level, and we're going to see how far we can achieve that using social media and online marketing.
Follow this blog to find out what we learn!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Why You Should Integrate Your Blog into Your Website

This will be my last post on this blog as I have taken my own advice and integrated my blog into my own website.

It's been a lengthy process, involving a complete website rebuild, but it makes sense for me - and for you - on so many levels:
  • Having the blog on my website ensures that there is fresh content on a regular basis - which makes it more appealing to the search engines
  • The blog also gives visitors a reason to return to the site
  • The blog enables me to establish my expertise in my field
  • A subscription form enables me to capture the contact information of visitors to the blog
  • By having the blog on the site, I am also able to invite visitors to check out everything else the website has to offer
  • By rebuilding on the wordpress platform, I am taking advantage of their built-in SEO strengths
  • Wordpress allows me to easily go in and make changes to my site, which enables me to add content on a regular basis, in addition to the blog posts
It really is a worthwhile exercise - take a look at how the blog has become an integral part of my website.

If you would like advice on integrating your own blog into your website, call 403-279-3606 or drop me an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment