How to Grow A Business With No (Or Almost No) Budget

Yup - that's the challenge!
Three small businesses - each of which has grown organically through word of mouth, referrals and networking.
Now they're ready to take it to the next level, and we're going to see how far we can achieve that using social media and online marketing.
Follow this blog to find out what we learn!

Monday, July 5, 2010

Introducing Words By Wendy

In this first post, I'm going to introduce myself and explain what my own objectives are for this project.

I'm Wendy Zak, of Words By Wendy. I'm a freelance direct response copywriter, with a long (very long!) background in the industry. I really know my stuff when it comes to how people read and how to motivate a purchasing decision. I write copy that is very readable, and which creates a reaction and response.

I also offer strategic advice to my clients on the tools and techniques that will help them achieve their objectives. I can write killer copy for those tools, but just don't ask me any technical questions about how the tools are created!

I have been freelancing since 2003 and, building the business mostly through networking. I quickly got to the point where business became self-sustaining through word of mouth and referrals. I like to think that's because I do great work.

But, now I'm ready to grow my business to the next level - and I need to use broader tools to branch beyond my network.

I currently have a website - which is a highly effective sales tool, but this project will see to what extent I can generate traffic to that site using social media.

Despite the lofty goal of achieving 'no-budget' marketing, there are obviously some on-going expenses for stationery and networking that won't go away.

That's Words By Wendy in a nutshell. I'll introduce you to Greentree Landscapes and Larchwood Nurseries in the next two posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment