How to Grow A Business With No (Or Almost No) Budget

Yup - that's the challenge!
Three small businesses - each of which has grown organically through word of mouth, referrals and networking.
Now they're ready to take it to the next level, and we're going to see how far we can achieve that using social media and online marketing.
Follow this blog to find out what we learn!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My main concern with diving headlong into the world of social media, has been the need to find something valuable to post - regularly. And, of course, by that, I mean valuable to my readers, not to me!

My main vehicles for Words By Wendy right now are this blog, Facebook and Linked In.

The blog is self-explanatory, as this is where I will post all the lessons I'm learning, but I think I really need to differentiate the Facebook and Linked In pages - give them each a distinct flavour and purpose.

In the balance I have decided to keep the Facebook page as more personal; this is where I'll talk about what I'm doing with the business, what I'm working on and so on.

The Linked In page will be a place where I provide short tips, advice and suggestions.

Plus, of course, both will have links to this updated blog.

In terms of frequency - I really do believe that posting too often can be as hazardous as posting infrequently. I've settled on weekly, unless I have something time-sensitive to say (such as blog updates)

Oh, and by the way, the Greentree Landscapes facebook page is now up and running, although it doesn't yet have much on it. Please make sure check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment